Benefits of Natural Gas
Natural gas is the best value per dollar when it comes to home energy. It is cheaper than electricity, propane and heating oil. It doesn’t produce the pollutants caused by using wood. You will never run out of natural gas so you don’t need to worry about filling a tank. You don’t have to wait for natural gas to heat up. It provides instant heat for your home or appliances. Not only is it the best source for heat, but you will find there are many uses throughout your home for natural gas.
- Most natural gas appliances work even when the electric is out.
- Since the natural gas system is underground, outages are rare.
- Natural gas is abundant and domestic, so you can count on it when your family needs it the most.
- 90% of Natural Gas that enters the pipeline reaches you verses 30% of the energy used to generate electricity actually reaches you.
Because natural gas is delivered to your home via an underground pipeline, it provides nearly 100% dependability. Natural gas is extracted from deep underground rock formations. 97% of the natural gas used in the United States is produced in North America; offsetting America’s dependence on foreign oil.
- Natural gas furnaces traditionally last longer than heat pumps and can deliver up to 25°F warmer air.
- Natural gas water heaters, heat water twice as fast as electric water heaters.
- Natural gas dryers use less energy and can dry clothes faster than electric dryers.
On average natural gas appliances cost up to half as much to operate then their non-gas counterparts. Households utilizing natural gas for heating, cooking and clothes drying spend on average of $840 less annually than homes using electricity. In low oil-priced markets, businesses and residential customers can still expect a savings over traditional electricity or heating fuels.
- Hot water tank
- Gas stoves, cook tops and ovens
- Clothes dryer
- Fireplace insert
- Outdoor gas grill
- Outdoor gas lighting
- Pool heater
- Outdoor fire pit
- Backup generator
Made in America
- Natural Gas is produced, transported, and sold in America by American companies. The industry supports an average 2.8 million jobs annually.
- Natural Gas reduces our nation’s dependence on foreign oil, keeping over $1 billion energy dollars home every month.
- Americans Natural Gas supply is set to last well into the next century with a worldwide supply. Natural Gas is thought be more plentiful.